POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Outgunned : Re: Outgunned Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Outgunned
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 22 Jan 2009 13:09:50
Message: <4978b66e$1@news.povray.org>
>> No, I've already learned what matters: I cannot possibly compete with this
>> level of talent. I should just give up now... :-(
>
>     Why are you always SO negative?

Well, let's put it this way. I've been using POV-Ray for, what, nearly
10 years now? And I have yet to draw anything that can compare with the
designs on that website.

If I can't even produce something as trivial as a single static image
that looks good, what are the chances of producing a whole catelogue of
images and integrating them together in a complex mannar to construct an
intricate website?

Yes, exactly: nil.

>      When I started learning Sandbox 1 and 2 for Farcry and Crysis, I
> thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but I persevered and produced a map
> that's now had 1,711 downloads.

Jesus, that's amazing! o_O

I had a go at building levels for Quake II once. It wasn't very
successful. I mean, I produced working levels, but they were all
extremely lame. I couldn't find a way of making the level editor produce
things that weren't just cubes or cylinders... and it was almost
impossible to edit any small objects like weapons or health packs. The
interface was just too clumsy.

Still, a while back I had a go at producing levels for HL2. Those didn't
even *run* correctly...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/